Compact hexapod for precise 6-DOF motionEngineering360 News Desk | January 05, 2022
The HEX150-140HL from Aerotech Inc. offers a miniature hexapod six degree-of-freedom (DOF) positioning system that provides precise translation in the X, Y and Z directions and rotation around each of these axes. The device delivers significantly better minimal incremental motion and more linear travel than its competitors — all within a compact yet stiff platform.
The HEX150-140HL is ideal for addressing space-constrained, multiple DOF applications that require fine positioning resolution, including photonic device manipulation, alignment and packaging, optics inspection and alignment, optical wafer probing, aerospace and satellite sensor testing, and synchrotron and beamline sample manipulation.
Key features include:
- Industry-leading minimum incremental motion of 20 nm in XYZ and 0.04 arc sec in θxθyθz;
- High payload lift capabilities up to 7.5 kg and back-driving resistance to 100 N;
- Ample range of motion for simple integration into complex applications;
- Multi-axis (servo, stepper, piezo and more) motion coordination using Aerotech controllers; and
- Easy to control and program with virtual pivot point adjustment.