NBK's new series: Auto-positioning units dramatically improve setup workOctober 11, 2021
NBK added new models of auto-positioning units: EPU-series and it is controlled with EtherNet/IP™ and Modbus® RTU, not only CC-LinkTM.
(CC-Link is Mitsubishi Electric Corporation’s, EtherNet/IP™ is ODVA’s, Modbus® is Modicon, Inc.’s registered trademark.)
EPUs are wired/wireless auto-positioning units that replace manual operations such as handles.
Some features of the EPU are as follows.
- Enables automation by just replacing your currently used handles
- One transceiver can control up to 32 units simultaneously
- PLC/PC compatible, and now EtherNet/IP™, Modbus RTU® are available
- Registerable positioning patterns up to 1,000. Suitable for applications that require multiple positions
(PC: 1000 patterns, PLC: 100 patterns, EPU210 manual operation: 11 patterns)
- Reduce the risk of setup errors by registering the positioning patterns with exclusive software
- IP65 compatible, dust/water-proof. Suitable for food/beverage-related equipment
- Setup is possible via button operation on the main body without any controllers (only for EPU-210)
Due to these functions, EPU has the potential of automation for food-packaging, drink bottles, printing/bookbinding, civil engineering, construction applications and more.