Seco and partners to host first hybrid aerospace innovation eventEngineering360 News Desk | September 01, 2022
Seco and its technical partners will host the company’s first hybrid (physical and virtual) Inspiration Through Innovation (ITI) event on Wednesday, September 28, 2022. The event will be focused on the aerospace manufacturing segment, with machining demonstrations, an inspiring seminar program and networking opportunities.
Physical and virtual event
The event’s interactive sessions will be presented to a live audience and streamed live via the event website. On-site attendees will get to meet presenters in person, network with partners and see live machining demonstrations. In addition, all recorded sessions will be available on demand after the event for every registrant.
Attendees gain valuable insights and learning from the ITI events, which demonstrate the value of collaboration in the pursuit of innovation — this time, specifically in aerospace manufacturing.
Collaborative machining demonstrations showcased at Aero ITI 2022 will include:
- Power skiving and on-machine broaching on an Inconel jet engine compressor disk
- WAAM (wire-arc additive manufacturing) of an Inconel blisk hub and production of the additive manufactured tools used to finish the part
- Highlights from ongoing projects such as automated hole-making in stacked composites, aggressive structural machining, and a one-shot approach to aluminum A-frame machining
- Technical partners will share inspiring live discussions and seminars on various topics and challenges facing the aerospace manufacturing segment, such as:
- Partnerships to support sustainability ambitions
- Physics of machining in super alloys
- Efficient machining in difficult materials such as CFRP and stacked composites
- Finding value in data, digitalization, traceability and automation
“Partnerships are a journey,” said Jon Shipley, global business development manager, aerospace at Seco Tools. “They are forged and built over time by working together to a common goal. With ITI and Innovation Hub, we work with our partners — old and new — to wrap collaborative solutions around our customers’ real challenges. We can’t wait to open the doors again and welcome you back to the Innovation Hub to meet, network, learn and grow together with us and with our partners.”
To further support aerospace manufacturers, Seco has launched a selection of technical and educational content dedicated to real-world aerospace components, such as a wing pylon and a blisk. Visitors to the Seco website will gain insights into the cutting-edge technologies, trends and individuals that are shaping the aerospace manufacturing industry through podcasts, videos and other content.
Manufacturers worldwide are encouraged to register and join live on-site, live virtually or view the event session recordings on demand after the event. Find more information and register for Aero ITI 2022.
ITI registrants will also have direct access to more exclusive aerospace content through the Seco website.
Seco and technical partners will host an ITI event focused on automotive manufacturing in Germany in November 2022.