Minco’s SmartHeat SLT (self-limiting technology) heaters provide an efficient and effective alternative to traditional temperature management in aerospace, defense and medical applications. These unique devices provide consistent thermal outcomes and self-tuning in dynamic environments. Thin, flexible and lightweight, SmartHeat SLT heaters deliver optimal performance and controller-free operation.
SmartHeat SLT heaters utilize a patented polymer inner-lay material to pinpoint precisely when and where heat is needed to maintain uniform heatsink temperature. The resistance of the polymer increases exponentially at a prescribed temperature control point, which eliminates the need for additional regulating electronics. This results in a simplified system design and lowers manufacturing and operational costs. Advanced materials and engineering eliminate the risk of overheating, which can damage electro-optical components, handheld electronic displays and fluid warming devices.
Features and Benefits
- No risk of overheating due to delamination or environmental changes
- Automated, elevated temperature management and control with consistent thermal outcomes
- Patented materials ensure peak performance in a thin implicit control simplifies device design and reduces product launch cycle
- Environment temperature range: -45 C (-49 F) to 100 C (248 F)
- Operational set point range: 10 C (50 F) to 70 C (158 F)